We do not currently offer photography services through student communications but please see tips and options for professionals below.
Planning on using Artificial Intelligence (AI) for photos or graphics? Please review the AI guidelines before proceeding.
Taking Photos Yourself
- Get a photo/video release for people in the photos, especially if the photos will be used for marketing purposes.
- It is your responsibility to hold on to these releases. We recommend scanning them into Box.
- WSU Guidelines and Best Practices
Need Crowd Release?
Is your event in a crowded place where you will be taking pictures or video of the event?
You can check out crowd release posters and lawn signs from us to post on the day of your event to ensure that your images can be legally used.
Contact Dani to check out signs.
*Remember to take pictures of the posted signage at your event for reference.
We strongly recommend you use a professional because good photography is very important for marketing.
- Creative Academic Technology Solutions (CATS): CATS Project Request Form
- Need just headshots for staff? Contact Ryan Belnap (firstname.lastname@example.org ext 6865) to set up free professional shots for your department.
- Marketing & Communications in-house photographer (costs vary): MarComm Project Request Form
Do not just take photos from the web! Use these free photo resources.