2016 SEF Top University Sales Programs ANNUAL magazine released
Sales Education Foundation names Weber State University Department of Professional Sales on 2016 “Top Universities for Professional Sales Education” Listing Top Sales Programs are recognized for elevating the sales profession through university education
Weber State University Department of Professional Sales announces their recognition by the Sales Education Foundation (SEF) as a “Top Universities for Professional Sales Education” program. SEF recognizes our university for preparing students for successful careers in professional selling and helping to elevate the sales profession. The SEF 2016 ANNUAL magazine, their 10th edition, will be available on their website, www.salesfoundation.org, by the end of April.
1. While employment rates remain flat for recent college graduates, many university sales programs report placement rates for their sales students above 95%, with some reporting 100% placement.
2. Professional selling is one of the most common job types for student graduating with a sales degree.
Some research shows that as many as 60% of all business majors and 88% of all marketing majors start
their career in a sales related role. (FSU Sales Institute findings)
3. Surveys show students with a sales education ramp up 50% faster and turnover 30% less than their non-sales educated peers.
4. Sales graduates report their career satisfaction at over 77%. Starting salaries for professional sales representatives average over $60,000.00.
5. Students from sales programs average 2.8 job offers before graduation. (Baylor University findings).
Sally Stevens, Executive Director of the Sales Education Foundation, noted that companies should have an increased focus on partnering with university sales programs. “Top sales organizations should take note of the programs featured in our listing and consider developing partnerships with these innovators, who are educating the next generation of professional sales people,” she said in the 2016 Annual Letter from the Editor.
For information on partnerships with Weber State University Department of Professional Sales, contact:
Department of Professional Sales
Technical Education Building Room 101
1465 Edvalson St. Dept 2402
Ogden UT, 84408-2402
To learn more about the growing sales education space, contact the Sales
Education Foundation at 800.776.4436 or visit www.salesfoundation.org.