Kirkwood CC AAS to WSU BS in Respiratory Therapy
Admissions and Selection
Welcome to the Kirkwood Community College AAS in Respiratory Therapy to Weber State University BS in Respiratory Therapy website.
Your classes will be taken online through Weber State Univrsity. Click here for more information about WSU online.
Click here for Kirkwood CC to WSU Transfer Guide. After clicking on the link, click on 'Enter Transfer Guide' to find Kirkwood CC from the drop down menu. Then click submit, and a list of Kirkwood equivalencies by department can be searched.
- AAS in Respiratory Therapy from Kirkwood Community College
- Current NBRC RRT credential
- ENG-106: Composition II and a TRANSFER level math course prior to leaving Kirkwood Community College (Ex: MAT-138 College Algebra with Limits or MAT-120: College Algebra)
- Minimum of 2.75 overall GPA
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR and AARC Membership
- Priority deadline to apply for the BS in Respiratory Therapy program is May 1 of each year for a fall semester start date; however, we will continue to accept applications unitl we have a full class
- Schedule a meeting with Mich Oki in the Respiratory Therapy Department to answer any questions you may have - contact: email@example.com or 801-626-6835
- Questions regarding financial aid and scholarships, click here
- Tuition per credit can be found by clicking here and scrolling toward the bottom of this website
- Apply to Weber State University. Click here to start your WSU application (click on Transfer Student). If you have a WSU admissions questions, please call 801-626-643 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete Weber State Respiratory Therapy Online Application. Click here to start your Respiratory Therapy application (application fee $25).
- The online application will provide options to upload verification of active RRT credential.
- Your application will be reviewed and a meeting with an advisor will be arranged.
A total of 20 positions are available for each Fall semester, and each applicant is accepted on an individual, first-come, first-serve basis. Criteria to be considered for acceptance include the following:
- Overall GPA
- Professional Experience
Upon acceptance to WSU Respiratory Therapy program, there is required paperwork that will need to be submitted. You will be notified as to which paperwork we will need from you but it may include:
- Background check
- Drug screen
- Agreement to WSU Respiratory Therapy Handbook
WSU BS in Respiratory Therapy Requirements of Out-of-State Students
- Minimum of 30 resident semester credit hours taken at Weber State University
- Total of 120 semester credit hours
- Minimum of 40 semester credit hours of upper division (3000 and above numbered)
- Completion of WSU general education requirements
- Completion of REST 4610 (1), 4620 (1) and 4630 (1) and Respiratory Major requirements. Minimum grades for these classes is a C.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or greater
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out, we are here to help!
- Weber State University Office of Admissions Advisement
College of Health Professions Academic Advisor
WSU Continuing Education Advisor
- Weber State University Respiratory Therapy Department
Director of Clinical Education
Health Services Administration Minor