Purchasing Card Program Overview
Purchasing Card Facts
Using a Purchasing Card (P-Card) allows employees to obtain goods and services more efficiently, reduces paperwork and processing time for departments, and provides cost savings through consolidated payments by the Purchasing department. The P-Card allows the buyer of goods and services to contact vendors directly, including making in-person, telephone, and on-line purchases. Purchases can be made for most items costing less than $1,500 with merchants that accept MasterCard. P-Cards are not intended to replace all methods of purchasing, rather to complement the existing purchasing processes.
OVERVIEW OF CARD OWNERSHIP AND USAGE:
- P-Cards be used to purchase items that exceed the single transaction limit or items on the Restricted Items list.
- P-Cards can be authorized for Purchases Only, Travel Only, or for Purchases AND Travel. Authorization is granted by immediate supervisor.
- - $1,500 per single transaction, $7,000 monthly limit
- - $7,000 per single transaction, $7,000 monthly limit
- - Only authorized for foreign and/or group (student) travel and must be pre-approved in writing by the appropriate Vice President.