Am I eligible for Weber State University's Early College Program?

To take courses through WSU's Early College Program, you must be either a high school sophomore, junior, or senior. Sophomores must have an index score of at least 110 and will be limited in their registration. Juniors and seniors must have an index score of at least 100. Index scores are calculated using the high school GPA recorded on an accredited high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores. 

What is the difference between Early College and Concurrent Enrollment?

Concurrent Enrollment courses are college classes taught at the high school by a high school teacher. The Early College program allows high school students to take regular Weber State courses from university instructors either on campus or online. Both Early College and Concurrent Enrollment courses give a student college credit as well as fulfill high school graduation requirements.

I haven't taken the ACT test yet. Can I take it at Weber State?

WSU offers the Residual ACT test for students wishing to only use the scores at WSU. For more information go to the WSU Testing Center website. You can also contact your NUAMES High School Counselor for information about the national ACT dates, costs, and possible financial assistance.

Do I have to apply to Weber State?

Even if you applied as a Concurrent Enrollment student at WSU you will still need to apply as an Early College student before you will be allowed to take Early College classes. Check out the admissions page for more details.

Are the admissions requirements for WSU'S Early College Program the same as the requirements for regular admissions to WSU?

No. Students admitted to WSU's Early College Program must meet a higher criteria than for regular WSU admissions. Regular admissions to WSU can take place by meeting one of the following:

  1. Graduation from an accredited high school -OR-
  2. Completion of a General Educational Developmental (GED) exam with an overall score of 2250 or better, with no individual score below 450

I'm a sophomore in high school; can I participate in WSU's Early College Program?

You may take courses through the Early College Program starting the fall of your 10th grade year of high school. If you begin Early College as a sophomore, you will be required to take UNIV 1105 "Foundations of College Success" in your first semester and will be limited to only 7 credit hours or 2 classes each semester. Note: Sophomores are not eligible for scholarships.

Is there a deadline to apply to the WSU Early College Program?

There is not a deadline to complete the application process; however, we recommend you apply in March or April if you wish to start taking courses during the summer or fall semester and in October or November if you wish to start during the spring semester.

Is there a deadline to apply for the Early College scholarships?

For the WSU Early College Scholarship for NUAMES High School, you do not to apply but you do need to accept the scholarship through your WSU student portal no later than the Friday before the semester begins. For the NUAMES High School Early College scholarship, students starting the Early College program during the Fall semester need to be accepted and register for Early College courses before May 1st in order to qualify for the NUAMES High School Early College scholarship. 

Are my parents required to attend my appointments with my WSU Early College Advisor?

Yes! For your first appointment your parent and/or legal guardian is required to attend the advising appointment with you. After this first appointment parents are strongly encouraged to attend each advising appointment but it is not required.

Do I need to attend an Early College Orientation?

All Early College students must attend a New Student Orientation before participating in the Early College Program. We also strongly encourage parents/guardians to attend.

Will I be a "real" Weber State Student?

Early College students are "real" Weber State students. You will attend WSU classes, pay tuition and student fees, and have access to all the resources available to other students (as long as you have parental permission to use the services). Early College students with parental permission may use the gym, computer labs, health center, and many other student resources.

Do I need to purchase a parking permit?

Early College students who plan to park on campus must purchase a parking permit to avoid getting a parking ticket. Having a permit will help you get to your WSU classes on time.

How much does Early College cost?

Early College students pay tuition and fees just like regular WSU students. As a Early College student that attends NUAMES High School, you may be eligible for the WSU Early College scholarship for NUAMES High School and the NUAMES High School Early College scholarship. Students who qualify for both scholarships are always responsible to pay for all course, lab, or exam fees. Textbooks and supplies are also the responsibility of the student. 

Am I eligible for financial aid and scholarships?

Although Early College students are not eligible for Federal Student Aid, you can apply for the WSU Early College scholarship for NUAMES High School. To see if you are eligible view our scholarship page.

What is the New Century Scholarship?

The New Century Scholarship is administered through the Board of Regents. It is awarded to eligible Utah scholarship applicants who completed the course work for their associate's degree by the day they graduate from high school and comply with all Board of Regents requirements and deadlines. Your WSU Early College Advisor can help you work towards this scholarship. For more information about this scholarship visit

I'm an Early College student and I want to know what courses I should take.

Once you have been accepted into the program, you will work closely with your WSU Early College Advisor and your NUAMES High School Counselor to plan your coursework. Once admitted, call 801-395-3480 to schedule an appointment with your WSU Early College Advisor.

Can I take Concurrent Enrollment courses, AP classes, and courses through the Early College Program during the same school year?

Yes! You can use a variety of early college credit options to accelerate your education. Be sure to coordinate this information between your NUAMES High School Counselor and your WSU Early College Advisor.

I am listed as a non-resident at Weber State; can I be awarded the WSU Early College scholarship for NUAMES High School?

No. The WSU Early College scholarship for NUAMES High School can only be awarded to students who qualify for Utah residency for tuition purposes. Contact the WSU Admissions Office for more information about how to gain Utah residency for tuition purposes.

Am I able to give my parent or guardian access to my grades, class schedule, scholarship application, and other student information?

Yes. A student may fill out the Student Information Release Form, granting another individual (e.g..., parent, guardian, etc.) access to your student records.

Are my Weber State credits transferable to another university?

Yes. You would just need to request to have an official transcript sent to the university or college you are applying to. For more information on how to request that official transcript, visit the Records Office website.