Nontraditional Student Center Leadership Opportunities
Outreach Committee Description:
The committee is comprised of several students who work together to develop strategies and activities to provide communication to all of campus about the services and programs offered by the Nontraditional Student Center. The goal is to help students not only have an understanding of the support we offer but to also help identify ways to remove barriers by utilizing campus resources and their own actions. The committee has three different focus areas: Faculty and Staff outreach, tabling events, and social media/student interactions.
Must be a non-traditional student (over 25, married/committed partner, widowed, divorced, and/or a parent), have a WSU GPA of 2.5, be a full-time student (exceptions made for students graduating in the semester when awarded), and be a Utah resident to qualify for this opportunity. If a student is receiving Pell Grant and other funding, eligibility for the tuition waiver for this committee may be affected. After review of the student standing, an interview is scheduled to identify competencies in communication skills, evaluate capabilities both in skills and in availability, and to ensure the candidate is the right fit for the position.
- Faculty Staff
- Provide information to academic and service departments on campus, and meet with key departments to help build rapport and collaboration with these areas.
- Tabling Events
- Organize and serve as a representative for weekly tabling events and regularly scheduled campus events, such as Wildcat Block Part and Student Services Expo.
- Social Media/Student Interactions
- Develop and implement programs within the Nontrad Center to provide engaging and learning opportunities for the students who visit the center. Also develop emails, Facebook posts, newsletters, and other outreach materials.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the link below:
- Application for Positions (due March 1)
WSUSA Nontrad Student Senator
Nontraditional Student Senator
Tuition Waiver( check SIL for the amount)
Represent the voice of the nontraditional student population at Weber State University, and serve on the WSUSA Senate.
If you are interested in running for the office of Nontraditional Student Senator within the WSUSA Senate, talk with a representative in the Student Involvement and Leadership Office in Shepherd Union, Room 326 or https://www.weber.edu/StudentInvolvement/default.html.
For more information, please call 801-626-7794 or visit our center in Shepherd Union 322.