To apply for the following awards:
- Go to weber.edu/scholarships
- Click on “How to Apply”
- Scroll down and click on purple box "Apply for WSU Aid and Scholarships"
- Complete the form and under Step 2 select both and complete both the "Scholarship Applicants" and the "FAFSA Applicants" applications
- When filling out the "Scholarship Application" add the scholarship titles (e.g. Rising Star, Swanson, etc.) for the scholarships you wish to apply for in the "Activities" field
The applications are reviewed the summer prior to the academic year of the scholarship (e.g. summer 2017 for 2017-2018 year). Final candidates will be notified in the email on file with the university and will be asked to submit additional paperwork at that time. Funds and pool vary each year and so the committee is unable to confirm with candidates their standing in the pool or likelihood of obtaining a scholarship.
Rising Star Scholarship
In consideration of efforts being made by Weber State University to obtain annual support for deserving nontraditional students this scholarship was established. Weber State acknowledges the generosity of the donor and recognizes the continual support given to WSU students. Preference will be given to single females, single parents, and full-time students. This scholarship is not a cash award; tuition only.
Students must be a nontraditional student (over 25, and/or married, divorced, widowed, single parent, or have children), a Utah resident and U.S. citizen, eligible for federal financial aid at WSU by submitting a FAFSA, have completed 24 credit hours at an institution of higher education, and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. Finalists will be contacted via email to submit a letter of need and two letters of recommendation.
Walter C. Swanson Scholarship
A donation from the Walter C. Swanson Foundation will fund these scholarships. Dr. Swanson was an Ogden Podiatrist who graduated from Weber College in 1917. This scholarship is not a cash award; tuition only.
Students must be a nontraditional student (over 25, and/or married, divorced, widowed, single parent, or have children), a Utah resident and U.S. citizen, eligible for federal financial aid at WSU by submitting a FAFSA, a junior or senior, and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. Finalists will be contacted via email to submit a letter of need and two letters of recommendation.
Nontraditional Student Center Activity Waiver
For information about the projects related to this waiver, and the application process, please contact the Nontraditional Student Center.
Nontraditional Student Center
Shepherd Union Room 322
Other Financial Help
- Nontrad Internships and Jobs
- Student Affairs Scholarships
- Workforce Solutions Scholarships
- Career Help
- FASFA Help
- Money Management Center
- Pay for School
- Weber Cares Food Pantry
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships for Single Dads
- Legacy Nonresident Scholarship
- Student Loan options
- Complete Student Loans (by UHEAA)