The Nontraditional Student Center (Nontrad) is here to help meet the needs of students who are over 25, have a spouse or committed partner, are divorced/widowed, and/or are a parent. Fifty-six percent of students at WSU are considered nontraditional.
Apply for Scholarships Today!
- Login to eWeber Portal
- Go to "Financial Aid and scholarships"
- Complete the “Specialized Scholarship Application" and "FAFSA Application"
- In the Scholarship Application, fill in the "Accomplishments" in sentence form with your experiences including volunteer, leadership, and academic achievements
- In the Scholarship Application, fill in the "Department Scholarships" with the ones you qualify for listed below, and other scholarships from departments and private scholarships on campus
Nontraditional Student Scholarships:
- Mike and Heather Loughton Scholarship
- Patti Nicholas Choate Memorial Scholarship
- Rising Star Scholarship
- Utah Executive Women International Scholarship
- Walter C. Swanson Scholarship
Smart Start Appointments Online
Whether you are a new student at WSU for the first time, transferring from another institution, or returning after several years, you may find you have questions and concerns. We are here to help ease your mind and help you navigate the campus processes, formulate a plan for success, and help you from the beginning of your journey to graduation. We encourage you to meet with your academic advisor to establish an academic plan prior to your appointment.
Location: Shepherd Union Room 322
Mailing Address: Nontraditional Student Center 3910 West Campus Dr DEPT 2128 Ogden, UT 84408-2128
Fall/Spring Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Se habla Español
Location: D2, Room 307
Mailing Address: 2750 N.University Park Blvd. Layton, Utah 84041
Spring Semester (starting Jan. 4):
Monday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (VIRTUAL: 4:30 - 8:30 p.m. contact 801-510-9719)
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Wednesday: (VIRTUAL: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. contact 801-510-9719)
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.