The demand for cybersecurity experts in the workforce is greatly outpacing the supply. This certificate provides students with the foundational knowledge to become cybersecurity professionals and better understand computing systems, data networks, and programming.
- Complete all 5 courses no later than the first block of summer semester 2023.
- Admitted to Weber State University as a degree-seeking student (funding available for admissions fee).
- Must be a Utah resident
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I do this certificate online?
This certificate is not an online certificate. Some courses will be required to taken in-person.
- Where are courses offered?
Courses are offered during the day and evening on the Ogden Campus and Davis Campus.
- Can I enroll anytime?
No, courses follow the typical Weber State semester schedules. Classes will start fall 2022 semester (Aug. 29) and students who wish to participate in the grant program will need to start on that day.
- Are courses self-paced or am I able to accelerate?
Courses are not accelerated or self-paced and may require group collaboration.
- What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover tuition and fees, plus a stipend for books and supplies.
Recommended Course Sequence
- CS 1030 - Foundations of Computing - Online
- NET 2200 - Microcomputer Operating Systems - Tues 5:30 - 8:10 pm Davis Campus
- WEB 1400 - Web Design and Usability - Online
Note: delivery method and days/times of classes available in late October
- NET 2300 - Introduction to LAN Management
- CS 1400 - Programming I
We plan to have this grant awarded by mid-August and will contact students via email if they do or do not receive funding as soon as possible.
For additional information: Julie Christensen email@example.com