AAS and BS Online Program Application Checklist
Step 1: General Admissions Application
Apply to Weber State University for General Admission. This includes:
- $30 general admissions application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions
- High school transcripts are only required if you have completed less than 30 college credits
- ACT/SAT scores are accepted but not required
Any general admissions questions call: 1-800-848-7770, listen to options, ext. 6743 or 801-626-6743
Step 2: Placement Testing for Math and English
Students with previous BS or BA degrees do not need placement testing for math or English. Students with previous AS or AAS degrees may need to complete math and/or English placement testing depending on transfer courses. If you are unsure if you need placement testing, check Cattracks or contact your MLS advisor with student W#. AAS applicants, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, BS applicants, contact email@example.com.
Step 3: Academic Advising
Contact MLS advisor to get your major updated and for guidance on when to apply to AAS/BS program. Your advisor can also make an academic plan mapping out courses through graduation.
- AAS/MLT applicants contact Ashley Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BS/MLS applicants contact Christy Achter at email@example.com
Step 4: Complete Pre-Requisite Courses
Academic requirements to apply:
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completion of English and math requirements for degree
- Completion of 3-4 support courses with "C" grade or better:
- CHEM 1110 Elementary Chemistry (Inorganic), 5 credits
- CHEM 1120 Elementary Organic/Biochemistry, 5 credits
- HTHS 1110 Integrated Human Anatomy & Physiology I, 4 credits
- HTHS 1111 Integrated Human Anatomy & Physiology II, 4 credits
- MICR 1113 Intro to Microbiology, 3 credits
- HIM 3200 Epidemiology or MICR 3603 Medical Microbiology, 3 credits (BS program applicants only)
Note: Equivalent courses completed at regionally accredited institutions may be accepted.
Step 5: Apply to the Medical Laboratory Sciences AAS or BS program
- Completed MLS Online Program Application
- MLS Statement of Support signed by your lab manager, uploaded to MLS application
- One-time $95 MLS application fee payable through application. This fee is non-refundable.
For BS program applicants only: Copy of MLT (ASCP) certificate. In leui of MLT ASCP certification, MT (AAB) or MT (AMT) is acceptable. Some state certifications are also acceptable.
After completing the AAS/BS MLS application, students will be notified via email of preliminary application review: Complete or Incomplete. Completed applications will then go for final review. Notice of acceptance or declinations will be sent to student's WSU Gmail account. Please note, application processing may take 6-8 weeks. Incomplete applications will not be considered for acceptance.
For questions regarding the AAS/MLT program, please contact Ashley Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-626-6120
For questions regarding the BS/MLS program, please contact Christy Achter at email@example.com or 801-626-6874
Or see our frequently asked questions page