As you progress through the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences' two-year AAS program, keep the following dates and deadlines in mind:
Fall Semester (Your First Semester)
- Meet with a health professions academic advisor located in the Dumke College of Health Professions Admissions and Advisement Office room 108.
- Verify your major declaration; to do this, log in to your weber account, click on the student services tab, in the Academic Profile box you will see information regarding your program, major, and department. If you are not listed in the MLS program, please contact the MLS Administrative Specialist in MH, room 208.
- Complete application and deliver to MH 108, along with $25.00 check, for the AAS program before the April 1st deadline.
- Complete all support and MLS courses required for acceptance into the AAS program.
- If you are planning on graduating the following spring or summer semesters with your AAS, have the department secretary schedule a graduation clearence evaluation with the MLS program director. During this evaluation, the program director will review your transcripts and determine what courses need to be completed for graduation. Also, you will receive information about the certification exam.
- Register for MLS 2256 and MLS 2257, summer practicums will be scheduled thorugh these courses.
- Apply for MLS AAS graduation.
- You can begin the application process for the certification exam one month prior to your graduation and determine the deadline dates for those.
- Order a cap and gown at the WSU bookstore for the graduation ceremony (included in your graduation application fee).
- Apply for BS program if you are planning on doing so, by April 1st.
- Attend the AAS graduation ceremony!
- Complete any remaining courses required for graduation with your AAS degree.
- Complete clinical rotation and return paperwork to the clinical rotation coordinator.
- Complete the MLT certification exam and send an official transcript to verify the completion of your degree and to receive an official notice of your scores.