CONTRACT MANAGEMENT Graduate Certificate
RANKED #17 IN THE UNITED STATES!
The Graduate Certificate in Contract Management recipients will understand the contract manager’s responsibilities prior to contract award and the communication process in the contract management network, and learn about post-award surveillance tools, contract modifications, correction of contractual problems, processing terminations, cancellations and claims. Students completing the courses can seek one of three certifications with the National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
A QUICK LOOK:
TIME COMMITMENT: 3 hours in class/week + 2 to 4 hours applied project work/week
COURSE DURATION: Courses are taught in 8 week blocks
TIME TO COMPLETION: Complete in as few as 2 semesters or take up to 7 years
METHOD OF DELIVERY: Mixed (Online and Face-to-Face)
TYPICAL CLASS SIZE: Fewer than 15 students
# REQUIRED COURSES: 4 courses (12 credit hours -9 required, 3 elective)
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
We understand that working professionals looking to advance their careers, learn new skills or change industries require not just flexibility in a program, but exceptional, engaging, relevant material. The Contract Management program at Weber State has a long tradition of preparing students for career positions in contract management. Instructors include high-level managers from the US Federal Government and the defense industry. The program's recent ranking of #17 nationwide provides some evidence for the effectiveness of this program.
- WHO CAN APPLY? The certificate can be completed as a part of the WSU MBA Program in the Goddard School of Business and Economics or as a stand-alone certificate.
- DELIVERY: The courses will be offered in a hybrid delivery format with eight weeks of face-to-face interaction enhanced by online discussions and learning activities.
- PREREQUISITES: Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or be in the final stage of completing the undergraduate degree. Completion of a course in college algebra or equivalent is required to enroll in MBA courses. Basic computer competency is also required.
- GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Students must complete all program courses with a grade of “C” or higher. In addition, the overall program GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- CREDIT HOURS: 12 total credit hours.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The Graduate Certificate in Aerospace Management is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to establish and maintain a competitive advantage through proven aerospace management practices. Students will learn how to establish a strategic direction through efficient program and contract management, and how to maintain operational excellence through continuous process improvement. The Graduate Certificate will help prepare well-trained aerospace managers who are in increased demand in both the government and commercial aerospace sectors.
OUR MBA GRADUATES ARE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANIES (AND MORE)
Our strong alumni network provides networking, socializing, and career opportunities like these...