BUSINESS ANALYTICS Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed to provide business professionals with the knowledge and analytical tools needed to uncover novel patterns, trends, correlations, and strategic insights. This graduate certificate will help business professionals improve business decision making using analytical skills, models, and processes.
A QUICK LOOK:
TIME COMMITMENT: 3 hours in class(virtual)/week+ 2 to 4 hours applied project work/week
COURSE DURATION: Courses are taught in 8 week blocks
TIME TO COMPLETION: Complete in as few as 2 semesters or take up to 7 years
METHOD OF DELIVERY: Hybrid (some in-person, some face-to-face)
TYPICAL IN-PERSON CLASS SIZE: Fewer than 15 students
# REQUIRED COURSES: 5 courses (15 credit hours -12 required, 3 elective)
BUSINESS ANALYICS CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
We understand that working professionals looking to advance their careers, learn new skills or change industries require not just flexibility in a program, but exceptional, engaging, relevant material.
- WHO CAN APPLY? The certificate can be completed as a part of the WSU MBA Program in the Goddard School of Business and Economics or as a stand-alone certificate.
- NOTE: The Business Analytics Certificate is designed for those who may or may not have technical backgrounds or experience with Business Analytics.
- DELIVERY: The courses will be conducted in eight week blocks. Select courses may be available face-to-face, some may be virtual.
- PREREQUISITES: Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or be in the final stage of completing the undergraduate degree. Prerequisite classes may apply for select courses. See course description below. Basic computer competency is required.
- GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Students must complete all program courses with a grade of “C” or higher. In addition, the overall program GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- CREDIT HOURS: 15 total credit hours including 12 required hours an3 elective hours. The following is a list of available courses:
FOUR (4) REQUIRED COURSES
- MBA 6160 | Applications of Decision Models (3 cr)
- MBA 6620 | Data Mining for Businesses (3 cr)
- MBA 6660 | Forecasting for Business (3 cr)
- MBA 6260 (6810) | Data Visualization Using Tableau (3 cr)
ADD ONE (1) OF THE FOLLOWING ELECTIVES
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Analyze and understand data using data exploration and visualization tools
- Understand the process and key concepts of business analytics and apply them to your work
- Leverage business analytics and modeling capabilities using data analytics software
- Develop knowledge and skills of data visualization and data mining
- Develop the ability to effectively use business analytics to derive meaningful business insights from large datasets
- Make analytical predictions and forecasts
- Harvest data to make business decisions
STATE OF THE INDUSTRY
- Business analytics is projected to grow much faster than most professions according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Dramatic advances in computing power, including machine learning, have allowed companies to benefit from data, including big data, like never before in history. Business Analytics involves the process of developing actionable information from this data.
- Whereas good decisions depend upon good information, skills in Business Analytics are quickly becoming as necessary for managers as skills in accounting, finance, leadership.
OUR MBA GRADUATES ARE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANIES (AND MORE)
Our strong alumni network provides networking, socializing, and career opportunities like these...