Steps to Apply: J-1 Exchange Visitor Student
To Apply as a J-1 Exchange Visitor Student:
- Work with your home institution to formalize your exchange with Weber State University.
- Be approved by the sponsoring department.
- Complete the steps for the application below.
- Complete a course request form with your sponsoring department.
Complete the International Student Application
You will be able to upload most required documents online.
Provide a readable copy of the identification page of your passport that lists your name, date of birth, and expiration date.
- BANK STATEMENT AND BANK LETTER
Provide a bank statement and bank letter that shows the required funds are available for your use. Bank documents should be in English, printed on letterhead and certified with signature and stamp from a bank official.
Required funds: $29,663 for one year or $14,831 for one semester for undergraduate students.
If tuition is being provided by the university, please show at least $14,283 for one year or $7,141 for one semester.
- FINANCIAL GUARANTEE FORM
If the bank statement and bank letter are from your personal account, complete Section 1: Personal Funds on the Financial Guarantee Form. If the bank statement is owned by a family member or other sponsor, please ask that person to complete and sign Section 2: Sponsor or Family Funds on the Financial Guarantee Form.
Send official transcripts from your university.
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE
Provide a letter on letterhead from your Health Insurance provider that states you have travel health insurance. Currently, the US Department of State requires a minimum coverage of:
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
Once all required documents have been received we will review your application and admissions decision. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email providing shipping information for your acceptance packet to be mailed to you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.