You have questions about graduate school at Weber State University. We have answers.

What is a Graduate Student?

A graduate student in the United States is someone who has already earned a bachelor's degree (or the international equivalent) and is pursuing additional education in a specific field. Graduate study typically involves a combination of coursework and research in an in-depth, specialized training program.

Whether you're an international student or a U.S. resident, if you have earned your bachelor's degree, and perhaps already embarked on your chosen career path, the question is: What are your next steps? A graduate degree at Weber State University may be the key to those next steps: a career boost, a new beginning, or a new career. Learn more about what graduate programs at WSU have to offer.


The U.S. Department of State offers a helpful guide to researching graduate education in the United States.

Research Guide

What International Graduate Programs Are Available at WSU?

All WSU graduate programs welcome applications from international students. Weber State University offers 11 graduate degrees in a variety of professional and career fields.

Graduate Degrees at WSU

What is the Cost?

In most cases, international students are eligible to receive out-of-state tuition waivers, which allows them to pay the same tuition rate as Utah residents (about half of what non-residents would normally have to pay).

How Do I Apply to a Graduate Program at WSU?

Each graduate program has a separate application form and some specific requirements, however, all graduate programs at Weber State University share the following general application requirements for international students:

  • A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. that will be completed before matriculation into the graduate program (see the U.S. Department of Education website for a list of recognized regional accreditation agencies), OR the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education outside the U.S.
  • For degrees from institutions outside the U.S., transcripts must be accompanied by a professional degree and transcript evaluation, which must be sent directly to the graduate program by a WSU-approved foreign credentials evaluation service. See International Student Admissions website for further details.
  • A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, consideration may be based on GPA calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate work.
  • A completed graduate program application for your chosen program, along with the submission of all required supporting materials. Specific program application requirements (such as test scores) and deadlines will vary by program. For more information, please explore the graduate programs' websites to learn more.
  • Once you are accepted into the graduate program of your choice, you must then complete the international student application, which is separate from the graduate program application and required by the WSU International Student & Scholar Center in order to process your student visa.