- Mission Statment
The Weber State University Dance Area is part of the Department of Performing Arts in the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities. Its mission aligns with the university Mission Statement emphasizing Access, Learning and Community.
- Students work closely with faculty, staff, community and peers in the study of dance techniques, creative process, and history and theory.
- Students develop skills, attitudes and understandings that are key to our art form, and investigate dance’s relationship to other subjects and
- Students connect academic coursework and the tight-knit culture of public performance with community engagement. They explore diverse perspectives and collaborate on high-impact projects that harness the power of Dance to impact our lives, our immediate surroundings, and our world.
- Through regular advisement and scholarship opportunities, students are supported in their efforts to complete their degree, in an environment that supports student expression. The degree provides education for enthusiastic and energetic students to use their passion for the art form to guide their career interests or advanced study choices.
Our students build professional skills through High-Impact Educational Experiences (HIEE):
- Oral communication – creative series, dance education courses, outreach & technique courses
- Written communication – culture, history and theory courses, creative series, & technique courses
- Collaboration/Facilitation – creative series, dance education courses, outreach, and exposure to professionals in the field
- Kinesthetic Understanding/Performance – all courses Digital Literacy & Production – Adobe Creative Suite, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, e-portfolios, lighting/sound/costume foundations basics and performance production
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Curriculum Grid
- Assessment Report Submissions
- Program Review