What Can I Do?
A Master of Education degree can lead to advancement in your teaching career or a career in the following areas:
- Public and private school teachers: A master’s degree adds $3,000-$5,000 annually to the base salary depending on the district.
- Instructional coaches/teacher leaders: Many districts have these specialized teachers to facilitate ongoing, day-to-day professional development for the teachers at the assigned school or schools.
- Hospital educators: Many hospitals hire educators to work with children and youth who are in the hospital for long-term care.
- Adjunct college instructors: Most universities require at least a master’s degree to teach in a variety of programs.
- College instructors in a field of study that does not have advanced degrees: The M.Ed. teaches a person how to teach. Many of the dental hygiene and interior design professors at WSU hold an M.Ed.