Why Join the Wildcat Investors Student Club?
We are a fun and friendly club designed for students interested in all things Finance, We meet every other week and provide unique and interesting opportunities for students of ever major.
- Manage a real portfolio of over $96,000
- Beginners can learn about investing
- Network with professionals in corporate finance, investments, and more
- Attend Conferences in New York, Utah, and Idaho
Wattis Business Building
ANNUAL TRIP TO WALL STREET!
OUR STUDENT SELECTED STOCKS ARE OUTPERFORMING THE MARKET FOR 2018
GO TO THE ONLY PRIVATE EQUITY CONFERENCE FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS.
EXPERTS GIVE REAL INSIGHT INTO THE WORLD OF FINANCE, INVESTMENTS, REAL ESTATE
DON'T MISS THESE EXCITING EVENTS:
The following events are available for club members
- 11/2: Andrew Larson - Senior Vice President - Relationship Manager Zion's Bank (Finance - Banking)
- 11/9: Curtis Sutherland - VP of Factoring Tab Bank (Finance - Banking)
- 11/30 Curt Roberts - Partner of Kickstart seed fund (Most active seed fund in Utah) (Venture Capital)
- 12/7 Bradley Bertoch - President of Venturecapital.org (Venture Capital)
- Quinnipiac Global Asset Management Education Forum (NYC) - March
- Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting (ID) - May
- U of U Private Equity Conference (UT) - January
STUDENT SUCCESS STORIES
JAKE KRUITBOSCH: Investor's Club provided me real world experience managing a portfolio. Since I've been involved in investor's club I was able to secure an internship at a portfolio management company with direct access to the Chief Investment Officer where I gained a lot of insight into the strategies of investing
RESOURCES & ACTIVITIES
You're not alone! We have an abundance of resources and activities from scholarships to networking to study abroad to help you achieve your dreams. Check out the resources available:
- Job opportunities
IMPORTANT SIGN-UP DATES
Join any time.
JOIN THE CLUB
Interested students are welcome to attend out weekly club meeting on Fridays at 2 p.m.. in room WB 218C. No prior knowledge is required to join the club, any majors are welcome.
MEET OUR ADVISORS & OFFICERS
associate professor of finance
Yuhong Fan joined the faculty of Weber State University in 2005 and currently serves as an associate professor of finance at the School of Accounting & Taxation. She is also the faculty advisor of Wildcat Investors Club. In addition to BE and ME degrees, Fan holds a PhD in finance from Old Dominion University.
She teaches Personal Finance, Investments, and Investment Problems courses in the Goddard School’s undergraduate program. Her research interest is on managed funds, such as mutual funds' characteristics and performance.
Fan is a CFA charterholder and a member of the SLC CFA Society.
OFFICE: WB 275