What Can You Do With A Minor in Entrepreneurship?
With strategic guidance and the opportunity to receive up to $15,000 in seed funding, you can launch your business while earning your degree. Be your own boss or elevate your competitive advantage with the entrepreneurship minor.
Below is a breakdown of nine industries where entrepreneurs are abundant and resources for further career information. Some careers may require addition skills or further education. For more information on qualifications, jobs and career specifics consult the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
9 INTERESTING INDUSTRIES FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
INTERNET & DATA SERVICES
COMPUTER SYSTEMS & SOFTWARE
HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY
GREEN & RENEWABLE ENERGY
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR ENTREPRENEURS:
- Global Accelerator Network (Gan.co)
- Start Up Grind
- Young Entrepreneur Council
- Clarity - A resource to connect entrepreneurs with mentors
- Utah Small Business Administration
- Grow Utah (start-up resource)
- Utah Nonprofits Organization
- 37 angels - successful women investors who support, mentor and educate early stage women entrepreneurs
- The EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women program helps women-owned businesses with $2M in revenue or above scale quickly.
- Female Founders Fund - invests in early stage technology companies founded by women