ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS
OFFICE: WB 227
Economics Department WB 227 / 1337 Edvalson St Dept 3807 / Ogden, UT 84408-3807CV:
Christopher Yencha earned his PhD in economics from West Virginia University in 2017 and is an assistant professor in the Department of Economics at Weber State University.
Chris’s fields of expertise are urban and regional economics, public economics, and data science and machine learning applications in economics. Currently, he is working on improving home sale price estimations by training computers to recognize information gathered from images of homes. Chris teaches classes in microeconomics, business statistics, and public economics.
Ph.D., Economics - West Virginia University, 2017
BA, Economics/classical studies - Christopher Newport University, 2012
When not working, Chris loves playing and watching table tennis, enjoying the outdoors, and playing video games.
Nowak, Adam, Amanda Ross, and Christopher Yencha. (2017) "Small Business Borrowing and Peer-to-Peer Lending: Evidence from Lending Club," (forthcoming in Contemporary Economic Policy)
- Hall , Josh, Amanda Ross, and Christopher Yencha. (2015) "The Political Economy of Subsidized Commercial Passenger Air Servi ce," Public Choice, 165(1), 147- 164.
PUBLISHED BOOK REVIEWS
- Yencha, Christopher. (2015) Review of 'The Entrepreneurial State: Debunking Public vs. Private Sector Myths " by Mariana Mazzucato, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, 4(3), 392-394
- 2017 – Western Economic Association International
- 2016 – Western Economic Association International, Southern Economic Association
- 2015 – Winter Marketing Educator’s Conference, Public Choice Society, Southern Regional Science Association, North American Regional Science Council, Southern Economic Association
- 2014 – North American Regional Science Council