Get Help Applying for FAFSA
Students are able to file a 2018-19 FAFSA starting October 1, 2017!
One-on-one assistance from professional staff for existing college students, high school seniors and parents to submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for any college or university before the priority deadline. This help is offered without appointment on a first-come-first-served basis and there is NO cost (free service). Check out all of our events below.
Call The Office of Access and Diversity with any questions: 801-626-7006
What is FAFSA?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is filled out during your senior year in high school and each year in college after that. This is how you apply for all federal and most state financial aid, including Pell grants, work study and federal student loans.
Get Help Completing Your FAFSA
Weber State University
|WSU Ogden - Center for Multicultural Excellence||Every Friday (Fall Semester)||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Student Services Suite 150|
|Ben Lomond High||October 24, 2017||4 to 6 p.m.|
|Ben Lomond High||October 25, 2017||4 to 6 p.m.|
|Ben Lomond High||October 30, 2017||4 to 6 p.m.|
|Ben Lomond High||November 2, 2017||5 to 7 p.m.|
|Fremont High||November 9, 2017||5 to 8 p.m.|
|Ben Lomond High(en Español)||November 13, 2017||4 to 6 p.m.|
|Ben Lomond High(en Español)||November 15, 2017||5 to 7 p.m.|
|Weber High||November 15, 2017||5 to 7 p.m.|
|Ben Lomond High||November 28, 2017||4 to 6 p.m.|
|Clearfield High||December 4, 2017||3:15 to 6:45 p.m.|
|Syracuse High||December 4, 2017||3:30 to 6:30 p.m.|
|Layton High||December 4, 2017||5:00 to 7:00 p.m.|
|Northridge High||December 5, 2017||3:20 to 7:00 p.m.|
What to Bring
- Student's Social Security card or permanent resident/alien registration card
- Student's W-2 forms and tax information for 2016 (if applicable)
- Parent(s)' or spouse's W-2 forms and tax information for 2016
- Parent(s)' or spouse's birth dates
- Parent(s)' date of marriage, separation, or divorce (if applicable)
To find out if you are eligible for the Dream Weber program, please go to the Dream Weber page for more information.
Help With Taxes
For help with filing taxes you may contact: VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance). They offer free tax help to low and moderate income individuals. You can make an appointment by dialing 2-1-1
Feedback form to complete after you have received assistance from WSU with FAFSA
Important FAFSA News
- Students are able to submit a FAFSA early. Students are able to file a 2018-19 FAFSA starting October 1, 2017! The earlier submission date is a permanent change, enabling students to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year.
- For the 2018-19 FAFSA, students (and parents, as appropriate) report their 2016 income information.
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows students and parents to access the IRS tax return information needed to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and transfer the data directly into their FAFSA from the IRS website.
If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, we highly recommend using the tool for several reasons:
- It’s the easiest way to provide your tax data.
- It’s the best way of ensuring that your FAFSA has accurate tax information.
- You won’t need to provide a copy of your or your parents’ tax returns to your college.