Research Faculty

Research Faculty are persons working on campus in positions whose primary support comes from an external agency or institution.  Typically these faculty are engaged in scholarship associated with a particular department or organization on campus.  Research faculty must be appointed by an academic dean for a specific period of time and may be given a title containing an academic rank provided the additional title of "research" precedes the designation of rank.  Such appointment has no significance for the achieving or holding of tenure.