WSU Lifting COVID-19 Protocols for Events and Travel
This communication was sent campuswide June 14, 2021.
Effective June 15, Weber State University will lift all remaining COVID-19 protocols related to regular business operations at all campuses and centers.
This decision comes as a result of ongoing data that indicates our mitigation efforts, along with increased numbers of vaccinated individuals, have been effective in limiting the spread of the virus on campus and in our surrounding community.
More than half of our faculty and staff were vaccinated through our vaccination standby process, and all others had the opportunity to be vaccinated through local community efforts. In a student survey conducted last month, 69% of our current or incoming students indicated they had been vaccinated, with another 11% planning to do so.
WSU is lifting all remaining protocols related to holding events on campus and university travel.
All members of our campus community are encouraged to continue to adhere to the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines:
- Non-vaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to continue to wear face coverings when indoors in university facilities.
- Individuals considering international travel should review and follow CDC recommendations regarding travel to specific destinations.
- In order to provide everyone a more traditional college experience come fall 2021, it is important that we continue to:
- Get vaccinated
- Wear face coverings and social distance (if not vaccinated)
- Keep classroom and office spaces clean
- Practice good hygiene
- Stay home when sick
For the past several months, our COVID-19 response team has been in a demobilization phase. We will continue to monitor federal, state and local health guidelines related to the pandemic throughout the summer as we transition back to pre-pandemic operations.
I recognize the guidance and restrictions have presented challenges for all of us over the past 16 months. Thank you for your patience and vigilance in helping us mitigate the spread of the coronavirus on our campuses while continuing to fulfill our academic mission.
Wishing all of you a safe and healthy summer.
Director of Public Safety
The university has partnered with the Utah Department of Health to provide free COVID-19 testing in a mobile unit located at the Information Booth on WSU’s Ogden campus:
- Tuesdays 8 a.m. - noon through July 27
- Fridays* 2 - 5 p.m. through July 30 (* with the exception of June 18 & July 23).
Additional testing locations can be found on the Utah COVID-19 website