Open Enrollment and Lottery
- Each classroom may have up to 22 children, for a total of 44 spaces.
- The open enrollment period for each upcoming school year is January 1 – February 28.
- Families should submit the electronic application for their child during this period. Application submission does not guarantee admission.
- Once the open enrollment closes the school administrators determines if a random lottery will be held. If there are less than 22 applicants for each classroom, all applicants will receive placement in the classroom.
- Upon acceptance, families will be notified by email within 3 working days. Families will then have two weeks to complete and return the acceptance/rejection form.
- Families that accept the spaces may complete their child’s registration for school admission. Families are responsible to ensure that the school has correct email and contact information.
- Applications will continue to be accepted after February 28 and may receive available space or be placed on the waitlist after this two-week period.
- If there are more than 22 applicants for each classroom, then a lottery is held in March. If a lottery is held, families will be notified of the lottery date, time, and place by via email. Families are invited to attend the lottery, but not required.
- If spaces are filled, the initial lottery will be held March 13, 2018 at 4:30pm. The lottery will fill the number of spots available, and then a priority waitlists will be created for the remaining applicants.
- Families will be notified of application status by email within 3 working days of the lottery. The families of accepted children are given two-weeks to confirm their space. Families must complete an acceptance/rejection form. Accepted children may register for school admission. Families are responsible to ensure that the school has correct email and contact information.
- After this two-week period, available spaces are given to waitlist applicants. If there are unfilled spaces remaining applications may be immediately accepted or subsequent lotteries may be conducted, as needed until the targeted enrollment numbers are met.
- New applications will continue to be accepted after February 28 and may receive available space or be placed on the waitlist.
The WSU Charter Academy may give preference in its random lottery according to policy (embed hyper link to the policy here) to the following:
- First Preference: to children of “Founders”
- Second Preference: to children of “Teachers” and on DaVinci Academy kindergarten waitlist.
- Third Preference: to siblings of students presently enrolled in the charter academy;
- Fourth Preference: to children of “Employees” of the charter academy.