A Weber State University and Ogden City challenge utilizing the theme of civility to positively impact the behaviors of participants through Civility Quest Cards, which have a friendly action on the back of each card. The Civility Quest is a fun and engaging challenge for participants to learn about and interact with others and their environment in civil ways. Participants join the challenge by collecting and completing the challenges located on the Civility Quest cards.
Civility Day Celebration
Let's celebrate an awesome week of making our community better by treating others with civility! Come learn about the many local organizations committed to having civility in the community.
Remember to share your stories of completing the challenges on the Civility Request cards.
April 12, 2018
6 p.m. Weber State Downtown Store (2314 Washington Blvd)
- Video of the city and university participating in the Civility Quest
- Present the winner of the Essay/Spoken Word Contest on "Civility Is..."
- Present the proclamation from Ogden City Council designating April 12, 2018 as "Civility Day"
- Remainder of the time, listen to 801 Rocks play music, visit booths/vendors of organizations who have committed to civility in their community and enjoy food trucks on the first day of Restaurant Week!
Civility Quest Challenge Instructions
Share Your Experience!
Collect the cards by doing one or more of the following:
- Attend the Kick Off at Weber State or the First Friday Art Stroll on April 6
- Download the digital Civility Quest cards below
- Follow @wsuccel on Facebook or Instagram for daily posts on Civility Quest cards
- Visit participating businesses
- Complete the card between April 6 and April 12
- Share your experiences via social media using #CivilityIs and the card number you completed
- OR submit your experience:
We’re up at the University today with #wsucivilityquest! There are #therapydog people here too! Today’s quest is contacting a local non-profit! So many great ones in #webercounty #deliberatekindness #civilityis#localbusiness #supportlocalbusiness #giftbasket #letushelpyou
Follow #wsucivilityquest and let’s start talking and connecting as humans were meant to!
I'm joining the #WSUCivilityIs quest. I had #18 card so I typed up a letter rather than a simple note. I left it at the Ogden ReStore for someone to find! Pass along the civility!
I couldn't love this initiative more. Great idea, Weber State CCEL folks. Challenge accepted!
- Weber State University
- Center for Community Engaged Learning
- Office of the President
- Student Involvement and Leadership
- Walker Institute of Politics and Public Service
- Ogden City Mayor’s Office of Diversity Affairs
- 801 Rocks
- Ogden-Weber Technical College