Are you interested in measuring your skills, personality, and interests to see which career fields would be best for you? Assessment testing can be a helpful process for those looking to change careers or those who would just like more insight into themselves. The process consists of four steps:
- 30-minute appointment with a career counselor to determine which tests would be most helpful for you
- Taking the test(s) on your own time
- 1-hour followup appointment with your counselor to review your test results
- Additional meetings with your counselor if necessary
If you're interested in taking assessment tests, give us a call at 801-626-6393.
Online Job Search
Weber State offers many online resources for finding a great job. Here are a few valuable websites:
- Applicant Search: a service provided for WSU alumni who want to find the right job match, stay abreast of career options, and expand their network
- Handshake: a website run by Career Services on which employers post new local job listings daily
- CareerShift: a networking and national job searching website for which Weber State alumni get a free subscription
- WSU Human Resources: a site of every job available at Weber State University
Please visit our Finding a Job page for more job-searching website recommendations.
Interviewing & Resume Help
Need help writing a great resume? We have career counselors specializing in every field that can look over your resume and help critique and perfect it. It's often best to bring in a near-completed resume so that the counselor has something to work with. Give us a call to make an appointment; we'll be happy to help!
Have an interview coming up? We offer mock interviews with career counselors, which are simulated to be as realistic as possible to help you practice. One of our counselors will greet you in the waiting area and take you back to one of our interview rooms. The interview will then be recorded and the disc given to you, so that you can watch it to see where you need to improve.
In order to make the process realistic and beneficial for you, we ask that you come dressed professionally, just as if you were going to a real interview. A resume is also helpful to bring.
If you'd like to set up a mock interview, please call our office at 801-626-6393, and have your W# ready.
If you're looking for a job, the Weber State Career Fair is great to check out. It's held every year during spring semester, and it brings a collection of reputable companies looking for new employees. It gives you the chance to talk to recruiters and make a great first impression.
For more information about the fair and tips on how to succeed, visit our Career Fair page.