Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities Scholarships
FAFSA Opens: October 1, 2017
Scholarship Priority Date: December 1, 2017
FAFSA Priority Deadline: April 1, 2018
To apply: go to Financial Aid & Scholarships and follow the steps listed. Continuing WSU students must complete the online scholarship application each year. In order to be considered for college and department-specific scholarships, please complete the Specialized Scholarship Application form by February 20, 2018.
The John A. and Telitha E. Lindquist Academic Scholarship
The John A. and Telitha E. Lindquist Academic Scholarship is the foremost private scholarship available to Arts & Humanities students. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic ability and/or creative talent in arts or humanities as demonstrated at high school or university levels. Students must be nominated by a faculty member.
The scholarship recipient must be a declared major in a program within the College of Arts & Humanities and must be nominated by an arts and humanities faculty member.
Faculty nominators must provide a letter illuminating the student’s promise and why s/he merits the scholarship. Nominees may attend full or part-time during the award semester(s). Nominees should exhibit perseverance and commitment to education.
Edna Ione Hall Scholarship
The scholarship recipient must be a full time student majoring, minoring, or taking classes within the college (during the year of the award). Preference will be given to international, out-of-state or minority students, and/or students with financial need (FAFSA recommended). The recipient may be an incoming or continuing student. If awarded to the same student for multiple years, the student must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher throughout the year(s) of the award. If no nominees are qualified, the award will be held for the following year.
- Unmet financial need
- Minimum Weber State GPA: 3.0
Edith Gidney Briem Memorial Scholarship
Student must have a declared major in the college of arts and humanities. Must be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- U.S. Citizen
- Weber State University GPA between 3.0 and 4.0
- Must have a declared major or minor in any department of the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities and may be either an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- May be enrolled full or part-time.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate service to the community; to students who demonstrate financial need through their application (financial need does not need to be demonstrated through FAFSA); and students with children under the age of 18 (or minor).
The scholarship recipient must be a full-time student with a declared major in the college of arts and humanities. The student must attend school full-time during the award semester(s), a 2.5 minimum GPA or higher and demonstrate financial need (FAFSA application required)
William G. Hughes & Barbara Morrell-Hughes
The Hugheses pledged an annual gift to support scholarships in the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities.
The recipient(s) shall be selected based on the following criteria:
- Must be graduate students or undergraduate students with a declared major in any area of the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities;
- Must have an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher;
- If undergraduate students, preference will be given to students who qualify for financial aid;
- Preference will be given to single parents; and
- The scholarship may be awarded to the same student(s) for multiple years, as long as the recipient continues to meet the required criteria.
|NEWS & EVENTS|
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Weber State University
Val A. Browning Center
Telitha E. Lindquist College
of Arts & Humanities
Weber State University
3950 West Campus Drive
Ogden, Utah 84408-1904