Latin American Studies
STARTING FALL 2014, AN ADDITIONAL COURSE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE MINOR: FL/SPAN/PTGS 3540 LATIN AMERICAN ENVIRONMENT & CULTURES, TAUGHT IN THE FALL
- A minimum of 18 semester hours are required at the upper-division level
- Courses must be taken from at least THREE departments
- Courses must include a Latin American content
- FL/SPAN/PORT 3540 Latin American Environment & Cultures is a required course for all minors
- Courses taken as part of a student's major will not count towards the minor
- Students must have completed two years of Spanish or Portuguese (1010, 1020, 2010 and 2020) or the equivalent before they may begin the minor, or have successfully completed a Spanish or Portuguese upper division course with a grade of "C" or better.
Select 15 credit hours from at least three of the following departments: Foreign Languages, History, Geography, Political Science, Anthropology, Women & Gender Studies and Child & Family Studies.
Should other courses, experimental or permanent, relating specifically to Latin America be added to the curriculum, these courses may be accepted as part of the Latin American Studies Minor Program. All such courses must be approved individually by the Latin American Studies coordinator.