Student Online Testing
All Testing Centers are closed. We are now administering course work exams and placement tests.
Thank you for your flexibility with Weber State University Testing Services under these unique circumstances as we deal with the outbreak of COVID-19. During this challenging time, we all have a vested interest in ensuring the security and reliability of testing. With that in mind, here are the procedures for secure at-home testing for the summer semester of 2020:
All secure exams will be proctored online by the Weber State Testing Services staff. Proctors will monitor students via a webcam and screen sharing. Each session will be recorded.
All appointments must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance
- Laptop or desktop computer; mobile devices (tablets/phones) are not supported
- A reliable internet connection with a speed of 2Mbps or greater.
- Operating System:
- Windows 7 or later
- MacOS 10.14 or later
- Chrome OS 77 or later
- Current version of Google Chrome or Firefox
Test Environment Rules
- You will need to show one form of government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc.)
- You will be instructed to scan the room with your webcam before you start an exam.
- You must take the exam in the same room that you scanned during the proctoring setup. Note: You must complete a webcam scan of the room in which you will test every time you take a proctored exam. However, you do not have to take all proctored exams in the same room.
- No other person is allowed to enter your room while you are taking the proctored exam. If the instructor has allowed scratch paper as a test aid, you will need to show the proctor both sides of the paper.
- The lighting in the room must be bright enough to be considered daylight quality. Overhead lighting is preferred. If overhead lighting is not available, the source of light must not be behind you while you’re testing.
- You must sit at a clean desk or table.
- The desk or walls around you must not have any writing.
- The room must be as quiet as possible. Sounds such as music or television are not permitted.
- Only approved test aids will be allowed on your desk or can be used during your proctored exam.
- Talking or reading the exam questions/answers out loud is prohibited.
- Cell phones must be turned off or silenced and placed away from your testing location.
- Watches and hats are not allowed.
- No food or drinks are allowed.
- You must remain seated and in view of the webcam at all times during the test.
- Disconnecting the camera at any time during the testing session is not permitted.
Exams will be ended for violations of policy.
Tests must be scheduled 48 hours in advance (note this has changed from 24 hrs). WSU cannot accommodate same-day testing at this time. Appointments scheduled for Mondays must be submitted by 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Students will have 15 minutes after the scheduled start time to join their appointment. We strongly recommend students arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure they have ample time to complete the check-in. If students do not join during the 15-minute window, they will be removed from the appointment and notified their appointment was canceled.
- Go to Schedule Test
- If you receive a session timeout error, please login to Starfish through your student portal and click the schedule link.
- If you have been granted an accommodation for testing you will need to contact DSCTesting@weber.edu to schedule your exam.
- Log in using your Wildcat username and password
- Select: Schedule a Computer Exam
- Click Continue
- Use the small calendar on the left side of the page to view appointments for different days. By default, the calendar will display one week of appointments Note: All appointments are listed in Mountain Time. Please verify your account is set to the time zone you are physically located in so your appointment will be scheduled at the correct time.
- Select the day and time you would like to take the exam.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue
NOTE: The appointment is for the 15 minutes check-in time. Once you are connected with the test proctor you will receive the full amount of time allowed by your instructor. Instructors have been asked to set a maximum test time of 2 hours. Your exam may have a shorter time limit.
- Verify the date and time for your appointment are correct.
- Click Confirm to schedule your appointment.
- If you need to change the date or time, click Back
An email with the appointment and link to the testing session will be sent to your Wildcat email the day before your exam.
To join the proctoring session, you must click on the Join Hangouts Meet link in the appointment. Make sure you are using Google Chrome to access the Hangouts Meet.
- Go to Schedule Test
Cancel a Test
How To Cancel An Upcoming Appointment:
- Go to your eWeber Portal, go to the search for portal apps bar and type in Starfish.
- Click on the Starfish app, it will then take you to the Starfish page, click on the hamburger menu to the left on the navigation menu.
- Go down and click on "Upcoming" on the menu.
- You will see any upcoming appointments listed here. Find the upcoming appointment that you would like to cancel and click the three dots located at the bottom of it's square.
- You will then see the link to Cancel Appointment, click on it. A window will pop up asking if you are sure you want to cancel. Feel free to add a message if necessary, and then click cancel to confirm your cancelation.
- The screen will then confirm that it was a successful cancellation.
Video Showing Cancelation Directions:
(there is no sound with this video)
Test Day Instructions
We recommend you arrive in the designated testing room 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to ensure your test starts in a timely manner. NOTE: Please make sure you have a valid form of government issued ID with you before you begin the check-in process. If you leave the camera view after the check-in process is complete, you will be required to check-in again.
- Using the Chrome browser, log into your Wildcat email.
- Locate the email regarding your testing appointment and click the Hangout Meet link. You can also view the appointment on your Wildcat calendar. NOTE: You must join using the Join Hangouts Meet link. For security reasons, you cannot take the test using the Join by Phone option.
- Verify your camera and audio are enabled, then click Ask to Join or Join now.
- You will be asked to share/present your screen.
- Move your mouse to the bottom-right corner of the Google Hangouts Meet window and select Present Now.
- Select Your Entire Screen.
- If the proctor is unable to clearly see your face, you will be asked to adjust the lighting in the room.
- You will need to show a current government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, military ID) or Wildcat card. Please make sure the ID is not expired.
- Please let the check-in staff know if you are using Windows or Mac and if your webcam is built into your laptop or monitor.
- If your webcam is built-in, you will need to have a reflective surface (mirror, cellphone, CD, etc.) with you to show your monitor screen.
- Watches and hats will need to be removed and placed away from your testing center location.
- Only one monitor is allowed during the test. You will be asked to open your display settings to verify only one monitor is currently connected.
- Google Chrome should be the only application running on your computer and the Meet and ChiTester tabs are the only tabs that can be open during the test. Other tabs or windows will only be allowed if an instructor specifies them as a test aid.
- Login to ChiTester and select your exam. If there are test aids available for your test, you will see a Test Aids option under the Test Information section
- If your instructor has allowed scratch paper, you will be asked to show the proctor the front and back of all the scratch paper. All scratch paper must be blank.
- If your webcam is built into your laptop or monitor, you will be asked to use the reflective surface (mirror, cellphone, CD, etc.) to show your monitor.
- Cell Phones will need to be turned off or set to silent and placed away from your testing location.
- The proctor will ask you to use the webcam to slowly scan the room. See the test environment rules above for information regarding the testing area.
- You will be asked to show the proctor your hands and wrists.
- Please be aware, if you leave the view of the camera after the proctor has completed the above steps, the proctor will ask you to complete the steps again.
- Once the check-in process is complete you will be connected with the test proctor.
Starting Your Test
- Each proctoring session will be recorded. The proctor will notify you when they are about to start recording and you will see a visual indication on your screen.
- You will need to show the proctor your government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, military ID) or Wildcat card.
- Make sure the ID is current. Expired ID’s are not accepted.
- You will need to provide the proctor with your W#.
- To find your W#, log into the eWeber portal at www.weber.edu.
- Click your account picture in the upper-right.
- Select Show W#.
- Provide the proctor with the test name.
- The proctor will send a URL that you will use to start your test.
- Before starting your test, take a moment to review the test aids that may be available.
- The proctor may ask you to show specific test aids (number of notes, scratch paper, book name, etc.).
- Click Begin Test when you are ready to start.
- Please make sure your microphone and camera remain connected at all times.
- When you are done with your exam, please notify the proctor so they can verify your test has been submitted.