Open Browser Links Allowed Testing
Instructors should associate the Proctorio - Links Allowed site if the ChiTester exam has links to external websites or if the student needs access to a computer application such as the calculator that comes with their computer.
Testing Site Parameters Proctorio - Links Allowed
The students will receive the following notification before they begin their exam:
- Any loss of network connectivity and the exam will end automatically, please make sure your current connection is stable during the entire exam.
- Your clipboard will be disabled during the exam. Copy and paste functions will not work and your current clipboard will be emptied.
- Once your exam is submitted, the browser cache will be cleared.
- You will not be able to begin the exam until you disconnect additional screens or monitors
- You will not be allowed to right-click the exam
- You will not be allowed to print the exam
- You will not be allowed to download or save any external files during the exam.
The following information will be collected during the duration of the exam:
- Your microphone
- Your webcam
- Your physical location
- Your Identity
- Your clipboard
- Your mouse location
- Your browser size
- Your browser tabs and windows
- Your head movements
- Your eye movements
- Your mouth movements
- Your entire screen
- Any website your visit
- A scan of your testing environment
- Any other application running
- Number of display screens connected
NOTE: If your exam has websites listed under test aids, your exam can be given in the testing center or through Proctorio.
If your exam does not have websites listed under test aids, but you have included a link in the instructions or test questions, you can only use the Proctorio - Links Allowed site. These tests cannot be administered in the physical testing center.
The test instructions for the testing personnel should be updated to include the website URL so the proctors are able to quickly verify what websites are approved. For example:
Sample Testing Personnel Instructions:
Students will access the McGraw Hill website for this exam - connect.mheducation.com
ChiTester and McGraw Hill are the only sites the student should access during their exam. All other sites are prohibited.
The student can use scratch paper, a scientific calculator, and 2 sheets of notes.
If there are questions regarding my exam, please give me a call on my cell phone 801-111-2233
Sample Testing Student Instructions:
If you are taking your test using Proctorio, you will need to complete a few security checks before you click Begin Test. Please use a mirror or the selfie camera on your cell phone, to show the monitor and keyboard. Make sure you show the edges of the monitor and keyboard.
Once you have shown the monitor and keyboard, your cell phone should be turned off and placed away from your testing location.
You can use scratch paper on your exam. Your scratch paper should be loose papers and not part of a binder or notebook. Please hold the paper(s) up to the webcam and show both sides. Make sure the entire page is showing. The scratch paper must be blank.
You can use a scientific calculator. Please hold the calculator up to the webcam and show both sides.
You can have 2 sheets of notes. Please show your notes to the camera.
To access McGraw-Hill, click the McGraw-Hill Connect link on the left side of the page. Make sure you know your McGraw-Hill Connect username AND password to start the exam.