Student Online Testing With ChiTester
Policies for testers will remain consistent, within reason, between the physical testing centers and virtual testing with Proctorio. In some cases, instructors will have students in the same class using both methods, making it even more vital that expectations be the same. Please keep in mind that your test session will be recorded and reviewed. Your home is your private space, but be cognizant of what you might not want recorded. Also understand that certain behaviors will be flagged by Proctorio and reviewed by WSU Testing Services and if necessary, the instructor.
- You will need to show government photo identification, which is to include either a drivers license, passport, military ID, or a WSU Wildcat card. On Proctorio, there will be a moment when you will show the identification to the camera. It will be compared directly to the person being filmed. The name on the identification must match the name in Chitester.
- A cellular phone or any other device with internet or cellular service, aside from the computer in use for the test, is not allowed during the test itself. This is grounds to invalidate your exam after being reviewed. An exception is in the case when a phone is used to take a photo to be sent back to the instructor. This will be in your specific test instructions.
- Headphones or Earbuds are not allowed to be worn while testing. Wearing them could result in your exam being invalidated. If you need to have a microphone plugged in to enable proctorio, just set them to the side during your exam.
- Watches and hats are not allowed while testing and could result in your exam being invalidated after the fact.
- Restroom breaks are determined by the instructor, which will be communicated with you. If you get out of your chair, it will be flagged by Proctorio and reported to your instructor.
- No other person is allowed to enter your room while you are taking the proctored exam.
- If the instructor has allowed scratch paper as a test aid, you will need to show the camera both sides of the paper.
- Make sure all TVs, Monitors, or other Computers in the room are turned off during your test.
- The lighting in the room must be bright enough to be considered daylight quality. Overhead lighting is preferred. If overhead lighting is not available, the source of light must not be behind you while you’re testing.
- No food or drink are allowed while testing.
- Only tools authorized by the instructor are allowed on the student’s desk or lap.
- You must remain seated and in view of the webcam at all times during the test.
- Disconnecting the camera at any time during the testing session is not permitted.
- Violations of policy could result in a temporary hold being placed on the student’s ChiTester account until the instructor or dean of students has made a determination.
- You will be required to record your testing area, and the room you are in during your exam.
- If a student has issues with any policies, they are invited to return to their instructor for alternative assessments.
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome.
*Proctorio only works with Google Chrome at this time.
- Log in to your WSU Student Portal and select the Proctorio App.
- If prompted, install the Proctorio extension for Chrome.
- Select the test you wish to take.
- Following the instructions on the screen
- Weber State provides laptop, webcam, and mobile hotspot checkout in limited numbers for students who need them. If you cannot use a webcam/microphone or require other accommodations, check with your professor for alternatives PRIOR to taking the test.
- Ensure you are following the Testing Center rules on allowed items. No hats, watches, digital devices besides specified calculators are allowed.
- Make sure your testing environment is quiet, private, and with no distractions. Treat this like you are taking your test at an official testing center.
- For more information regarding the room scan, monitor/keyboard check, troubleshooting steps, and frequently asked questions please see the sections below.
- For questions or assistance in working with Proctorio please contact Testing Services at 801-626-7019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cannot access your exam once you have completed the Proctorio checks contact ChiTester Support at 801-626-6477 or email@example.com.
- If you cannot connect to Proctorio to complete the checks go to the Proctorio helpdesk to troubleshoot any access issues.