The basic objective of taking a class as audit is to allow students the opportunity to attend a class without earning either a grade or credit for the class without affecting their GPA. The following rules apply:
- Students registering to audit will pay tuition and fees per the current tuition and fee schedule.
- Students in regulated programs, i.e, Financial Aid and Athletics, are subject to the respective program guidelines for audit registration.
- Some courses may not be open to audit students because of classroom space limitations. Students must receive instructor permission to audit a class.
- Choice of audit registration should be made at the beginning of the term, but a student may change classes to audit status until the audit deadline. This date can be found in the University's Academic Calendar.
- Students auditing classes are expected to attend on a regular basis. Students may officially withdraw from the audited class according to the deadline. Audit students failing to attend class may be issued a "W" grade at the discretion of the instructor.
How to Declare an Audit
STEP 1 Fill out the Audit Form
STEP 2 Save form as a PDF
STEP 3 Retrieve the Instructors Signature
STEP 4 Submit form from your Weber email to the email@example.com by the Audit deadline.
Send an email from your Weber email account to the instructor's Weber email account by the Audit deadline providing the following information:
Course & CRN
Request to change course to an Audit
Include Instructions to forward Audit request to firstname.lastname@example.org with their consent by the Audit deadline.