Banner Health Practical Technologist in Radiography (PTR)
Prepares you for the Limited Scope Examination developed American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Administered and scored by the State of Arizona.
Why Choose This Program?
As a Premiere Partner of Banner Health, the School of Radiologic Sciences offers the PTR program to assist Banner Employees in advancing both their education and careers in Radiologic Sciences. This career ladder opportunity assists MA’s and other Banner Employees in obtaining certification as a Limited Practical Technologist in Radiology (PTR) in the state of Arizona.
If a student choose to continue their associates of applied science in Radiologic Technology (AAS) degree through Weber State University, classes taken in the Arizona PTR program will be credited towards the degree. Students can only be placed in track if clinical site placement is available.
What You Will Learn
To meet Arizona State requirements R12-2-202, students must complete a minimum of 210 hours of didactic training and 480 hours of clinical training. The course of study should be no less than 6 months or more than 24 months in length. The Weber State School of Radiologic Sciences Arizona PTR program fulfills these requirements. The PTR program will consist of 2 semesters that incorporate both clinical and didactic training.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Documentation of Employme nt with Banner Health
The PTR program consists of 2 semesters involving didactic (19 credit hours) and clinical (600 hours minimum) education.
- RADT 1022 Introduction to Radiologic Technology (2 credits)
- RADT 1303 Principles of Radiographic Exposure I (3 credit)
- RADT 1502 Radiographic Anatomy & Positioning I (2 credits)
- RADT 1601 Laboratory Experience (2 credits)
- RADT 2992 Seminar (1 credit)
- RADT 2861 Clincial Education (3 credits)
- RADT 1512 Radiographic Anatomy & Positioning II (3 credits)
- RADT 1621Laboratory Experience (2 credits)
- RADT 2043 Patient Care & Assessment (2 credits)
- RADT 2866 Final Competency Evaluation (2 credits)
- RADT 2862 Clinical Education (3 credits)
Upon passing the Limited Scope Certification Examination, you may apply for state licensure as a limited practical technologist in radiology (PTR) in the state of Arizona. This provides the opportunity to advance your career in a variety of Banner Health outpatient facilities, urgent cares, and clinics.
The School of Radiologic Sciences has affiliated with Banner Health as a “Premier Partner” in education. This Partnership offers this educational opportunity at a significant discount to Banner Health Employees by reducing tuition by 20%. Currently, that equates to a $600 dollar saving each semester
Please contact Taylor Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-626-6617