What is PBL?
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) is the collegiate division of the national Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA-PBL) Organization.
- In PBL, students acquire the skills that set them apart from the average college graduate.
- PBL is a non-profit organization dedicated to service, progress, and education.
Who can be in PBL?
- Any college student who is interested in business or gaining leadership skills can join!
- All majors are welcomed. Our mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
What can PBL do for you?
- PBL offers the opportunity to compete against other college students, attend leadership conferences, do community service, gain skills, create a portfolio, and meet new friends.
- Career development, community service, financial management skills, good citizenship, leadership skills, network with professionals, scholarships, and talk confidently with prospective employers.
- Test business skills at state and national competitions competitive events. PBL members compete at both the state and national levels in individual and team events in many academic areas.
- We had 23 students participate in our state competition for 2012.
- 17 of our members qualified and competed at the national level. Among those members, 15 students placed in the Top Ten.
- PBL is not just a great resume builder; it’s a way to become a leader!