Travel & Conference Grants
Travel Grant Details
Travel Grants fund travel-related expenses, such as hotel, registration fees, and transportation.
- Undergraduate student - $1000 limit
- Graduate student - $500 limit
- For mileage reimbursement, the cost of driving must be equal to or less than the cost of flying
- Only one student per project may be funded. Exceptions can be made for projects requiring more than one student (i.e. musical accompanist)
- No rental car requests allowed
- No per diem requests allowed
- No fuel expenses allowed
- All WSU travel must be purchased on a WSU purchasing Card (p-card).
- Retroactive expenses and faculty mentor expenses will NOT be funded.
- Students who have graduated have a six month window to travel to present research.
- Only one travel grant can be awarded per student.
*Faculty Travel Funds have been exhausted. Please contact our office to be placed on a list and notified when funds become available.
Submission Details for Student Travel
- There is no deadline for this grant. However, students need to submit travel grants at least eight weeks PRIOR to registration deadline and/or travel reservations.
- Please print out and attach information on cost for airfare, hotel, ground transportation, and/or registration (if applicable) to the travel grant application