Human Resource Management
Department of Business Administration
As a student in the Department of Business Administration, you can choose to concentrate in human resource management.
What can I do with a business degree in human resource management?
An emphasis in human resource management gives graduates opportunities in both the public and private sectors. You could start your career as a:
- training specialist
- compensation and benefits administrator
- payroll specialist
- employment analyst
What will I learn?
Human resource professionals partner with management, supervisors and employees on ways to increase workplace efficiency and meet goals. As a human resource management student, you will learn to apply the latest employment laws and cutting-edge technology to the areas of:
- compensation and benefits
- training and negotiations
What is the application process?
Students seeking a degree or certificate within the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics (GSBE) must be formally admitted. See the admissions criteria and the step-by-step admissions process.
- Master's Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor's Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Science (B.A. or B.S.) in Business Administration with an emphasis in human resource management
- Minor: Business Administration (for non-business majors)
- Certificate: Entrepreneurship
The Department of Business Administration is part of the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—the highest level of accreditation attainable.