HUMAN PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Department of Health Promotion and Human Performance
Weber State University
What can I do with a degree in Health Promotion & Human Performance?
Health promotion & human performance majors work in various fields, including athletic training, health care administration, lifestyle management, physical education, health promotion, nutrition and more. The program also provides an excellent foundation for graduate school, employment and a student’s personal life.
What will I learn in the program?
Course work prepares students to direct, create and evaluate health education programs that promote wellness and prevent disease.
This major offers a wide variety of courses, including kinesiology, sports medicine, patient education, health care administration, first aid, teaching and coaching sports, sports officiating, women’s health issues, epidemiology, health care statistics and nutrition. Students have a variety of program options to tailor their course of study to their interests and career goals.
- Bachelor's degree (major or minor)
- Health Promotion
- Health Services Administration: Emphasis in Health Promotion
- Athletic Training
- Human Performance
- Human Performance Management
- Physical Education Teaching K-12
- Dual Certification: Secondary Physical Education Teachers for Elementary School
- Nutrition Education (minor only)
- Recreation (minor only)
- Physical Education Teaching/Coaching (minor only)
- BIS Emphasis: Bachelor of Integrated Studies
What is the application process?
Although there is no application deadline, we encourage you to apply early and register for classes.