If you have any questions or concerns, please call 801-626-7275 or email email@example.com.
*If you are considering requesting termination of your spring 2021 housing agreement, you may be subject to termination fees. Learn more
Housing apartment, suite, and roommate pairs are considered “household units” since the students assigned to these units are going to be in close contact with others within the assigned suite or apartment on an ongoing basis.
What happens when Housing is notified that a student has tested positive?
When the Housing office is notified that a student living on campus has been asked to quarantine or isolate, the Area Coordinator supervising the building where the resident lives will reach out to the resident by phone and email and provide the student information about quarantine / Isolation; meal delivery (if the student has a meal plan), set up daily follow up contact method, and determine if the resident needs any additional support or assistance.
Meals will be delivered using a no-contact “knock and leave” process according to a predetermined schedule.
If needed, we can provide: Disposable sheets, trash can, hand soap, disinfecting wipes and help arrange meal delivery (for students on meal plans).
Students are asked to notify the Housing office if they are directed to extend their quarantine or isolation period so that we continue with follow-up services.
What should I do if I am asked to quarantine?
Custodial Staff Professional Cleaning
- Our custodial staff has continued with the enhanced COVID-19 cleaning protocols and frequencies and use of approved disinfectants in all common areas and high touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer and approved cleaning supplies will be available in lounges, large common areas, near building entries and elevators.
- Students are encouraged to wipe down areas that they use before they use them and when they are done using them.
- We encourage students to have a plan in place if possible, of where they may go if it becomes necessary to close buildings in the direction of Weber County Health Department or University COVID-19 task force.
- We anticipate that we will have students who are unable to leave or who don't have another safe housing option. We anticipate that we would continue to house students who do not have other options, but we reserve the right to move the student to a different room, building, or floor, or cancel housing contracts if the health department or university feels it is in the best interests of health and safety to do so. If students are asked to leave housing as a result of COVID-19, there will be a refund process.
- Students who identify as being "at higher risk" for COVID-19, are encouraged to think about delaying checking in to housing until they feel more comfortable with the risk level.
WILL I BE MOVED TO A DIFFERENT ROOM?
No. Similar to being home with family, you are likely already exposed. You should plan to isolate or quarantine in your room.
FILL OUT THE SELF-REPORT FORM
Go to the WSU Coronavirus website and fill out the self-report form.
FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICIAL GUIDANCE REGARDING QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION.
Failure to follow quarantine & isolation guidelines may result in disciplinary action.
SANITIZE AND CLEAN. AVOID SHARING ITEMS. WEAR YOUR MASK.
Free cleaning supplies and masks are available from the Village offices.
DO YOU HAVE A MEAL PLAN?
If you have a meal plan and you are required to quarantine or isolate, you will have the option to have an evening meal delivered to your room.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office: 801-626-7275 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.