Department of Foreign Languages Mission Statement and Learning Outcomes
The Department of Foreign Languages promotes global awareness and intercultural understanding by providing instruction in various languages. We prepare majors and minors to function effectively in a foreign language by offering courses in literature, culture, linguistics, pedagogy and language for professional purposes.
- Demonstrate speaking and listening proficiency in the language they are studying.
- Demonstrate writing ability, including a command of grammar and appropriate usage to express their ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to write in different styles.
- Write an analysis of a literary or cultural work in the language.
- Describe and explain aspects of the culture(s) of the language being studied.
Register for classes today at: https://www.weber.edu/registration