Professional and Technical Writing Minor

Professional & Technical Writing Minor

If you’re pursuing a bachelor degree and minoring in Professional and Technical writing, you are already eligible to apply for the PTW Certificate of Proficiency. Since minors do not appear on diplomas, the certificate provides official corroboration of all the professional and technical writing work you’ve done. To receive the certificate, first declare it as you would a major by contacting the English department’s secretary (801-626-6251). Then, when you apply for graduation with your bachelor degree, apply for the certificate the same way.

Catalog Year 2017/18 forward

Advisement: English Professional & Technical Writing minors are required to meet with a faculty advisor for course and program advisement. A grade of 2.0 or higher in all minor courses is required, in addition to an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.

Professional and Technical Writing Courses Required (18 credit hours)

  • ENGL 3100 – Professional and Technical Writing (3)
  • ENGL 3140 – Professional and Technical Editing (3)
  • ENGL 3190 – Document Design (3)
  • ENGL 4100 – Issues in Professional and Technical Writing (3)
  • ENGL 4110 – Content Management (3)
  • ENGL 4120 – Seminar and Practicum in Professional and Technical Writing (3)


Department of English News and Events 

Contact Us

Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.




Weber State University
Elizabeth Hall
Room 413

Mailing Address
Lindquist College
of Arts & Humanities
English Department
Weber State University
1395 Edvalson
Dept 1404
Ogden, Utah 84408-1404

Facebook Twitter YouTube