Degrees and Programs
The Teacher Education Department offers the following degrees and programs (follow the links for more information):
- Associates of Science (AS) in Pre-Education – This is a two-year program designed to prepare students for the elementary or special education bachelors programs. (Course Sequence)
- Elementary Education(BS) – Student preparing to teach in elementary schools graduate with a major in Elementary Education; this major has a K-6 track and a 1-8 track. (More information)
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education/Early Childhood Education Double Major (BS)– This double major is offered collaboratively with the Child and Family Studies Department (More information)
- Special Education: Mild/Moderate (BS) – This major prepares candidates to provide teaching and other educational services to children with special learning needs or disabilities in grades K-12. (More information)
- Master of Education (MED) in Curriculum and Instruction – More information for this degree is available on the MED website.
- Secondary Education – Candidates prepare to teach sixth (middle school) through twelfth grade in both the teaching major or teaching minor subject areas of in the composite teaching major subject areas. The Professional education courses are a two semester block of licensure courses and includes student teaching. (More information) (Contacts)
- Graduate Certificate in Elementary Teaching – Licensure courses are offered for those who already have a bachelors degree.
- Graduate Certificate in Secondary Teaching – Licensure courses are offered for those who already have a bachelors degree.
- Dual Language Immersion, (More information)
- Elementary Education Mathematics
- English as a Second Language Minor, (More information).
- Education of the Gifted (Masters level only)
- Basic Reading (Masters level only)