Domestic Violence Awareness Month: October 2016
Clothesline Project: Art & Activism
Join us to create a t-shirt to honor victims and survivors of sexual assault, domestic/dating violence and all forms of personal abuse.
- September 26-30
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (open/drop-in)
- Shepherd Union 322
- September 29
- 6:30 p.m.
- Stewart Wasatch Lifestyle Room
See your artwork displayed in Stewart Wasatch Hall and the Shepherd Union Atrium Oct. 3-15
Footsteps to Light: YCC Domestic Violence Awareness Walk
- October 3
- 5 p.m.
- Starts at Your Community Connection (YCC): 2261 Adams Ave, Ogden Utah
The Hunting Ground Film Screening
- October 12
- 6-8 p.m.
- WSU Davis D2-110
Empowering Students to Social Action with Andrea Pino and Annie Clark from The Hunting Ground
Title IX Student Rights (Open lecture)
Lecture on Title IX student rights and how to show support for survivors on campus.
- October 13
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Elizabeth Hall Room 229
A Toolbox for Social Action (keynote)
Keynote on the Title IX activism.
- October 13
- 7 p.m.
- Shepherd Union Ballrooms
- Event will be Iinterpreted
- Free Childcare is offered during this event. Pre-registration, including application, immunization records, etc. is required. To pre-register, visit weber.edu/nontrad/childcare. Requests must be in by October 6. Space is limited.
In Their Shoes: Living with Domestic Violence
- October 18
- 6 p.m.
- WSU Davis D3 Ballroom A
- Collaboration with Safe Harbor Crisis Center
- Participants move, do, think, and experience the lives of victims/survivors of domestic & dating violence.
Please contact The Women's Center at 801-626-6090 at least one week before an event to request accommodations in relation to a disability.
801-626-6090 | email@example.com |