President's Council Planning Responsibilities
The President's Council is the central authority directing, coordinating and executing the university planning process and responsible for regularly monitoring the internal and external environments to determine how and to what degree changing circumstances may impact the mission and ability to fulfill the mission.
- prepares the WSU PLAN and presents it to University Planning Council for input and discussion
- presents the WSU PLAN to the University Trustees for input and discussion
- publishes and disseminates the WSU PLAN
Coincident with the NWCCU accreditation cycle, President's Council reviews the effectiveness of the Comprehensive Planning Process and implements improvements as necessary.
[NWCCU standard 5.B.2, standard 3.0, and standard 4.A.6]President's Council coordinates division planning, ensuring that division plans contribute to accomplishment of the core theme objectives and reflect university strategies.
Outcomes AssessmentPresident's Council implements a system to assess university performance.
[NWCCU standard 4, standard 4.A.1, standard 4.A.2, standard 4.A.3, standard 4.A.4, and standard 4.A.3]President's Council conducts an assessment of mission fulfillment.
Vision and Strategy
President's Council determines the long-term vision for the university.
- presents the vision to University Planning Council for input and discussion
- presents the vision to the University Trustees for input and discussion
President's Council determines broad strategies for achieving the vision, including assessment results and conditions affecting the university to set and update university strategies for achieving the vision and to guide near-term timing and budget allocation.
- presents strategies to University Planning Council for input and discussion