Syllabi Construction Guidelines
The Teaching and Learning Forum wants to assist you in creating quality syllabi which meets your needs as well as includes important information. In addition Weber State University requests certain items be included in your syllabi. The syllabus has a purpose and pertinent information about the document can be found here.
Valerie Herzog, College of Education, has provided a sample syllabus which includes all required information. SampleSyllabus.pdf
Becky Jo Gestland, English, has provided a sample syllabus. 2100 syllabus.docx
Utah State University has created a free online tool to assist you in creating a syllabus/styled and accessible learning services agreement. You can then print out the syllabus or link to it for students to access. Access the tool here.
- Enhancing Education, Carnegie Mellon (Excellent website for university teaching. The assessment resources are especially good. Navigate using the menu on the left)
- Purposes of a Syllabus, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Ten Elements of a Syllabus, Indiana University (a list for those who want a quick overview)
- Constructing a Syllabus, Brown University (this is a document with plenty of description)
- Writing Quality Learning Objectives, Florida International University