This group is meant to provide new faculty with their most valuable set of resources: one another. New faculty are encouraged to support one another as they face new challenges and look forward to the process of tenure and promotion.
Sarah Steimel (Group coordinator)
Jordan Hamson-Utley (TLF coordinator)
- What's a professional file, and what do I do with it?
- What counts as scholarship and service, and what's the "best" place to focus energy?
- How do I collaborate with others across campus?
- In 6 years, my career will look like ...
- How do I develop as a scholar and teacher?
- New Faculty: A Practical Guide for Academic Beginners. Christopher J. Lucas and John W. Murry.
- Tenure and Promotion Confidential. David Perlmutter. [Liese Zahabi owns a copy of this and is happy to lend out]
Our group has been meeting most Fridays (in person or via Chat/email) to establish professional writing/research (or creative work) goals and to check in our progress to those goals. We also, when desired, read each other's work (conference papers, journal submissions, etc) and offer feedback. We are an interdisciplinary group, so feedback often generates interesting connections between fields. Please contact me if you would like to join us on a regular Friday basis. email@example.com