Our shared vision is to develop a deepened understanding of the knowledge essential for Student Affairs professionals, to create a greater sense of community and professional identity, to help staff align program goals to division goals, and to foster greater collaboration with campus and community audiences through providing quality professional training that reinvigorates individual and group vision.
Our Goals for Student Affairs Professionals
- To understand the history of Student Affairs and feel that they know what Student Affairs represents.
- To be skilled in addressing the whole student.
- To be able to identify and implement effective collaborations between Student Affairs and Academic Affairs.
- To have a sense of professional vision that promotes morale.
- To have a sense of division unity, identity, and cohesion.
- To be able to make well-grounded decisions on the job.
- To know how department goals fit into WSU division goals.
- To recognize and be prepared for increased opportunities for professional advancement.