Students requiring accommodations for any course due to a disability are required to register with SSD and provide documentation of the disability.
- For a detailed explanation of the process for registering with SSD, select Register with SSD from the menu on the left.
- Select Disability Documentation for a detailed explanation of SSD's documentation requirements. The following form and checklist will help students and diagnosticians with documentation requirements:
SSD recommends that the following statement be included in the syllabus for any course taught at Weber State University:
"Any student requiring accommodations or services due to a disability must contact Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) in Room 181 of the Student Services Center (or Room 221 at the Davis Campus). SSD can also arrange to provide course materials (including this syllabus) in alternative formats upon request."
The following contact information may also be helpful and can be included as part of a verbal announcement during the first course session:
Contact SSD by phone at 801-626-6413 - Ogden; or 801-395-3442 - Davis
Or email us at email@example.com
If you are a WSU Department, Club, or Organization, SSD recommends that the following statement be included in your event advertising (posters, flyers, etc.):
It is acceptable to include the last sentence only instead of the entire statement. The exact wording can be customized as needed so long as the intent of the statement remains clear.
Our program offers ADA Training to any department on campus. This training varies in length and can be modified to fit the specific needs of the audience. Here is a short list of some of the topics we can cover:
- Basic ADA Law
- Who is Disabled?
- Office Procedures and Policies
- Working with Disabled Students
- Documentation Requirements
- Accessible Technology
- Transition Issues for Disabled Students
- Q&A/Problem Solving
This training can be co-facilitated with WSU's ADA Coordinator and is available for almost any size audience. Please contact SSD at (801) 626-6413 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.