Kirkwood CC AAS to WSU BS in Respiratory Therapy
Welcome to the Kirkwood Community College AAS in Respiratory Therapy to Weber State University BS in Respiratory Therapy website.
Click here for Kirkwood CC to WSU Transfer Guide. After clicking on the link, click on "Enter Transfer Guide", find Kirkwood CC from the drop down menu, click submit, then a list of Kirkwood equivalencies by department can be searched.
- AAS in Respiratory Therapy from Kirkwood Community College
- Current NBRC RRT credential
- ENG-106: Composition II and a TRANSFER level math course prior to leaving Kirkwood Community College (Ex: MAT-138: College Algebra with Limits or MAT-120: College Algebra)
- Minimum of 2.75 overall GPA
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR and AARC Membership.
- Priority deadline to apply for the BS in Respiratory Therapy program is May 1 of each year for a Fall semester start date; however, we will continue to accept applications until we have a full class.
- Schedule a meeting with Mich Oki in the Respiratory Therapy department to answer any questions you may have. email@example.com 801-626-6835.
- Complete Weber State Respiratory Therapy Online Application. Click here to enter Respiratory Therapy application. Application fee $25.
- The online application will provide options to upload verification of active RRT credential
- Your application will be reviewed and a meeting with an advisor will be arranged
- Apply to Weber State University. Click here to enter WSU application.
A total of 20 positions are available each Fall semester, and each applicant is accepted on an individual, first-come, first-serve basis. Criteria to be considered for acceptance include the following:
- Overall GPA
- Professional Experience
- Background check
- Drug screen
- Agree to WSU Respiratory Therapy Handbook
- Minimum of 30 resident semester credit hours taken at Weber State University
- Total of 120 semester credit hours.
- Minimum of 40 semester credit hours of upper division (3000 and above numbered)
- Completion of WSU general education requirements
- Completion of REST 4610 (1), 4620 (1) and 4630 (1) and Respiratory Major requirements. Minimum grades for these classes is C.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Admission and General Education Advising
- Weber State University Respiratory Therapy questions:
- Mich Oki
- Office: 801-626-6835
- Mich Oki
- Kirkwood Community College Transfer Course Advising/Questions;