Minor in Professional & Technical Writing
The minor consists of 6 courses taught in the English Department. See the course list for detailed descriptions.
Students may apply for the P&TW Institutional Certificate with this minor (secondary major code 3067).
Course Requirements for Minor (18 hours)
- ENGL 3100 Professional & Technical Writing (3) - fall, spring, and summer
- ENGL 3140 Professional & Technical Editing (3) - fall and spring
- ENGL 3190 Document Design (3) - fall only
- ENGL 4100 Issues in Professional & Technical Writing (3) - fall and spring, topics vary
- ENGL 4110 Content Management (3) - spring only
- ENGL 4120 Seminar & Practicum in Professional & Technical Writing (3) - fall and spring