WHY START AT WSU?
Acceptance Above National Average
Nationally, the acceptance rate into medical college averages around 50%. Weber State University has always been higher. As students seek advisement and follow the Pre-Medical Program course recommendations, they will become more aware of their own personal risks when applying.
Extracurricular activities are often the component of an application that makes one more competitive. Getting involved provides an opportunity for you to connect with others on campus and in the community, and will enhance your effectiveness and compassion as a physician.
- AMSA (American Medical Student Association - formerly AED)
- Community Involvement Center
- University of Utah Medical College Extracurricular Requirements
- Patient Care Abroad Guidelines
Weber State University, the College of Science, and other WSU colleges provide a variety of scholarships on a competitive basis for qualifying students. Pre-med students who are not majoring in the College of Science should contact their college and/or major department for other scholarship opportunities.
- General WSU Scholarships
- COS Scholarships
- AAMC Financial Aid Guide Sheet
- National Health Service Corps (loan repayment program)
WSU's course work prepares first- and second-year medical students for top-ranked medical schools such as Yale, University of Michigan, and Baylor.
When you successfully complete the rigorous course work recommended in the Pre-Medical Program, you'll not only learn important study principles, but also fine-tune your study habits in order to be ready for medical school.
- WSU Pre-Med Course Competency List
- Pre-Med Preparatory Class (ZOOL/MICR/CHEM 1810 "Life in Medicine")
- Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR)
The following are co-sponsored events held every fall semester to support pre-med students:
- Blood & Guts Pre-Med Orientation (TBA)
- Girls Exploring Medicine (GEM) (October 29, 2013)
- Mandatory Applicant Meeting (TBA)
Come prepared with questions when meeting with a WSU premed advisor.